- Feature Links
- Job Opportunities
Full-time Job Openings
Harrisonville, Missouri, is a 4th class city located 30 miles south of Kansas City, Missouri with a population of approximately 10,000. Harrisonville Emergency Services is a department with up to date equipment with state of the art EMS equipment. Currently employee’s 21 full time personnel including command staff that performs the challenging work of emergency medical care, fire suppression, fire prevention and rescue. The fire department operates a 24 hour Modified Berkley Schedule. The department operates one ALS engine, and two fully staffed ALS ambulances from one station.
• Responds to emergency situations and incident to suppress fires, affect rescues/extrications, participated in searches, mitigate hazardous materials and perform other duties as assigned and capable.
• Operate firefighting tools, aerial equipment, emergency medical equipment, extrication and rescue equipment and a variety of related tools and vehicles.
• Provide basic and advanced life support and emergency medical care.
• Participates in on-going technical and physical training to maintain certifications.
• Cleans and performs routine maintenance and minor repairs to department facilities.
• Participates in fire prevention and safety education/promotional events. Conducts station tours and gives presentations and demonstrates the use of the fire suppression and safety equipment.
• Assists in documenting incident and provides incident information to appropriate agencies and supervisor.
The City will send selected individuals to Firefighter I & II Training if necessary.
• Possession of a valid state driver’s license
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Paramedic Certification
• Vocational/technical training in firefighting and emergency medical treatment with two years of firefighting and paramedic experience or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Possession of EMT-P certification, Firefighter I & II (preferred), hazardous materials operation, advanced life support, and basic life support certifications (ACLS, PALS, BTLS, CPR-Health Care Provider).
Pay starts at $38,670 (based on experience) Benefit package includes health, dental, vision, and life insurance; Missouri LAGERs pension, discounted membership to the City’s Community Center, tuition assistance program, and employee wellness program.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary requirements and copy of certifications to one of the following:
• FAX: (816)-380-5630
• Apply in Person: Harrisonville Emergency Services, 903 S. Commercial St, Harrisonville, MO 64701
• Online through the City’s web site www.harrisonville.com.
• Or contact Chief Eric Myler @ (816)-380-8925 for job details.
This position is open until filled.
The City of Harrisonville is an equal opportunity employer.
Part-time Job Openings
There are currently no part-time openings for the City of Harrisonville.
The City of Harrisonville is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).